Everyone has a story to tell and storytelling is important for business, personal life, connection and networking.
One of the best parts about what I do is getting to hang with ridiculously smart people. I absolutely loved our conversation about technology, the importance of story-telling, and the diversity in technology. Love your work, Kiri-Maree Moore thanks for having me on the Global Human Intelligence Podcast.
Listen to our insightful podcast about creating your story HERE.
Kelly Slessor has been in retail and technology for 20 years and has worked with hundreds of retailers, from Woolworths to the local fishmongers, from Gluestore to hairdressers. She uses a proven methodology to grow your digital presence.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The importance of taking care of your physical health (03:32)
- Technology and human intelligence (06:47)
- Narrowing the gap between what we want and where we are (10:17)
- Are online meetings as effective as face-to-face meetings? (12:08)
- How to stay above the digital noise? (17:38)
- Creating story as a brand (19:26)
- Do the stories you create define you? (25:31)
- Finding out who you want to grow and teach (28:51)
- Navigating tricky conversations (33:34)
- Woman discrimination in the corporate world (40:13)
- How to be smart in the decision table (45:02)
- What is the HR tickbox? (49:50)
- Helping others to do better (54:44)
- Having diversity and inclusivity in the decision table (57:39)
- The greatest challenge that Kelly has faced (01:00:35)
- Kelly’s takeaways (01:03:04)
Kelly Slessor is a digital expert and has built out eCommerce stores and digital marketing strategies globally for nearly 20 years. Working with multi-million dollar brands and one person bands.
She has shown hundreds of businesses how to get online and grow their revenue.
The Retail Edge was developed through the years of working with brands including Big W, Woolworths, Sainsburys, Gluestore, Showpo and many other small independent brands